01 Jan About Lipo B Injections
Medical Weight Loss Nashville, TN
For information on Lipo-B weight loss injections (often referred to as: Lipotropic B-12 Injections, Lipotropics or vitamin B12 with Lipotropics) and medical weight loss in Nashville, TN, please contact Signature Health & Wellness.
Lipotropic injections, or Lipo-B, contain essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help boost the metabolism.
Providers of Lipo-B injections list the following ingredients: The lipotropic portion of most Lipo B injections is composed of three amino acids:
- Methionine:This is an important antioxidant and amino acid. It is important for the growth of new blood vessels.
- Inositol: This is a vitamin-like substance. It improves mood and is used to treat panic disorder, high cholesterol, insomnia, and depression.
- Choline: Choline is a nutrient that supports energy levels and metabolism.
- Vitamin B12:Deficiency of B12 (methylcobalamine) can cause fatigue, pale skin, and digestive problems. B12 helps form red blood cells, so without it our bodies don’t absorb iron as well, which is why some people with B12 deficiency are anemic. The vitamin also improves our central nervous systems and metabolism.
- L-Carnitine: Not all Lipo-B injections contain this amino acid, so you should check with your provider. L-Carnitine helps the body produce energy. It is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and many other body processes.
Do B12 Lipotropic Injections Help With Weight Loss?
Many people with B12 deficiency are most likely to lose weight after getting a B12 injection. According to the Mayo Clinic, people who don’t have a deficiency are unlikely to lose weight using this method.
Even for people who benefit from B12 injections, no weight loss diet or pill is sufficient in and by itself. The best results are achieved by a holistic approach to weight loss.
Lipotronic injections should ideally be supported by:
- regular exercise
- a healthy diet
- avoiding fatty food, liquor, salt, and sugar
- a positive attitude
Key Facts About Lipo-B Shots
- Dosage: Research has not shown any harm from taking excessive amounts of B12. The supplement has a low potential for toxicity.
- Side effects: There are no known risks associated with taking B12 injections. As with any supplement, you are using them to lose weight, let your doctor know.
- Prescription:Do you need a prescription for lipotropic injection? No, but it is recommended that you consult your doctor. For people who are B12 deficient, doctors will typically suggest injections of higher-than-average doses. This type of injection often requires a doctor’s prescription.
- There’s anecdotal evidence of dieters who have lost weight with lipo-B shots.
- There are no scientific studies to substantiate the benefits of these injections.
- Lipotropic injections have been around for a while and no side effects have been reported.
- It is advisable to consult your physician first.
B12 shots can help:
- Provide energy boost.
- Increase metabolism rate.
- Increase the chance that your exercise and healthy eating regimen will work.